Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thursday Evening

How nice today was!!  In the 50's, so it felt like spring!  I know, it is just a tease.  It is only February 17 so there is more winter to come.  However the break from all the bitter cold and snow was great and taking a walk without needing a coat, gloves and hat was just heavenly!
I did do more hand quilting on the Dresden plate quilt today.  I am hand quilting all the plates, nothing fancy, just along the outside and inside edge.  I won't be using it till next winter so I have plenty of time.
Going to help my daughter-in-law make a couple of simple quilted placemats.  She fell in love with the backing fabric from my gift exchange wall hanging and wanted a tablecloth made from it.  However there is only a little bit left.  Just enough for one side of 2 placemats.  Will have to dig through my stash to come up with something for the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment