Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tuesday Evening

Its been a little while since I posted anything new!  I have to admit that I got frustrated with the pinwheel quilt.  I ripped out a whole row and while trimming it the ruler slid and it got trimmed too much!  Now I have to remake a couple of pinwheels and put the row back together.
Normally I would have given up on this one, except for the fact that all pieces are cut and ready to be put together.  I just have to get my enthusiasm for this project back on track again.

I do quilt in spurts it seems.  I will spend days in my sewing room working and then realize that the house is not being cleaned as well as I like so then I spend days doing chores and little projects.  I will get back to this pinwheel quilt this week hopefully.

On the fun side, I got free fabric this week!!  I belong to ReUseIt, its like Freecycle, where people post things they want to give away. A fellow quilter one town over offered fabric and I asked for it and she gave it to me.  Not only that but she asked what colors I needed and added extra to the bag!  Lots of soft flannels in pieces big enough to back a few baby quilts and even some twin sized quilts. 

One of my favorite things is organizing my fabrics.  I love nice neat piles of colors, drawers of scraps etc.  I will have to post a pic of my fabric closet one of these days.

I came across another blog today all about selvedge quilts!  Who knew??  I never heard of this but there are clever quilters out there that use the selvedge pieces to make quilts and other items.  Now I have to get another container to save my selvedge edges. Yep.....I see another quilt project forming in my head........

No comments:

Post a Comment