Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Okay, so its not quilting..........

I finally finished taking apart the top of the contempory quilt.  Cut up the white and added black strips and it looks great!  However, marriage plans are on hold so I decided to put it aside for a bit and do a couple of sewing projects that have nothing to do with quilting (can you believe that?!?!).

Have you ever seen this site:
http://www.newdressaday.com/
Definately worth checking out, she is amazing!

So, I got inspired.  A friend of mine gave me a bag of really cute clothes but all too big for me.  So for my first project I took a pair of capris, ripped out the inseams, stitched a straight line down the back, took in the sides, added a panel of matching blue to the front and sewed the two halves one on top of the other.  If anyone remembers the 1970's denim maxi-skirts made out of jeans you will know just how I did it!  I took a good bit of length off and now have a great spring/summer skirt!  I may post a pic, but unfortunately I did not do a Before to go with my After!

For my second project I am altering an adorable black & pink shirt.  First, off came the short sleeves as I want this to be sleeveless for summer.  Then off with the BIG buttons on the front, will be replacing them with smaller ones.  Then 3 inches in on each side from the bottom up to the armhole.  Tomorrow I will be restitching the armhole and back neck area and voila - a new shirt for me.  This one is so cute and it is long, so will be great with jeans, capris or leggings.

There is no rest for my Singer!

No comments:

Post a Comment