Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Post hurricance update......

Well, we made it through with far less damage than other areas.  The rain was incredible starting on Saturday and ending late morning Sunday.  After the rain ended we lost power.  Come to find out there are 3 power poles came down on our road, complete with transformers and wires all over the road. 

The wind was gusting pretty heavily around 6pm,  strange since we thought the worst was behind us.
We still have road closures due to flooding in our town, but nothing too bad as far as I know.

We did get power back on Monday evening, after we spent 45 minutes in line buying a generator.  Oh well we lose power so often around here I guess we may keep it for future use!

There are still so many people without power and some that have lost their homes, very sad.

I did get quite a bit of hand quilting done on my Dresden Plate quilt.  I also moved my sewing room to a different room.  It works much better since the lightening is better and the closet that holds all my fabric is there.  This will definately be ready for winter. (ugh, don't like using that nasty 5 letter word!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment