Saturday, March 31, 2012

More room make overs in progress


So we decided to redo our guest room.  Eventually it will be all white with this yellow dresser and a blue quilt on the bed.  Simple and pretty is the plan!

 Almost 25 years ago we bought this old dresser from an antique dealer but it has developed a funny odor so we stopped using it.  It has the key still and all the drawers lock!! Love that!

 I have bleached, vinegar-ed, set out in the sun and just simply cleaned it thoroughly to no avail.  Finally I painted it with kilz and it seemed to do the job.  So now it been repainted with my new favorite color - deep yellow.  Yes, the same as the kitchen hutch you can see a few posts down.  (Of course I am thinking about redoing my kitchen cabinets in a different color....)

I should have done a before and after of the dresser, but I did not as usual!  The insides of the drawers are blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment