Friday, August 31, 2012

Quilt Class # 11.........

Had our 2nd to last class today- going to be making a ROCKY MOUNTAIN CHAIN BLOCK in deep rusty red, dark blue and tan. 

Now, how is usually goes is this..... an easy block so I will make a mistake!

Our instructor warned us that next month will be hard....therefore I should do well!

Will post a pic of the finished block as soon as I make it.
I did purchase the backing for this quilt.  I had to estimate since I really don't know the actual size until I put it together, but it will basically be a lap quilt.  Its a deep rust with black and tan and the tone goes well with all the fabrics.

Oh, did I mention that I took apart the barn block?  I never really liked it, so I am going to replace all the white with the deep yellow you see on my borders.  Hopefully that will help it to go with the rest of the blocks.

I also signed up for the next class which starts in Oct.  I am so excited to continue this, I only wish it was not an hour away!

No comments:

Post a Comment