Thursday, October 4, 2012

Can't believe I am in the home stretch....



I have all the blocks from the class done and I am now working on 4 blocks that will have the initials of all 4 kids.  Of course I did mine first!

The really neat thing is that the border fabric on this block is called FAMILY ALBUM!!  How perfect is that?  I will also be using it for the backing.  I think the binding will be all the scraps and pieces, that were used in the blocks, sewn together, for a scrappy look. 

This will be lap sized.  It is a Christmas gift for my dad who was a Marine and is still active in a detachment group doing parades, fund raising etc.

The next pic I post, hopefully, will be the finished product.

Thanks for reading along with me this year!

Oh yeah, I am starting another class this month!!  It will be a modern quilt, all geometrics, should be fun.

UGH - one hour or so later and I realized that this block should not be a square but a triangle!! I took it apart and am remaking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment