Thursday, December 27, 2012

I Can't Leave Well-Enough Alone....

If you have been reading my blog then you probably know that my quilts have lots of 'character'.  Sometimes I leave all the little 'characters' and other times I just have to fix them as best as I can.

With this one I was frustrated that it did not come close to 12 1/2 square. 
Well I realized that my new machine has a positionable needle and that is was all the way to the left!  So my seam allowances were not 1/4 inch.

 I took the whole thing apart and resewed all the seams.  It came out square, however it was only 11 inches!!  When that happens I simply border, and this time I did a scrappy border that I really like.

So block # 3 is truly finished.....I think.......

2 comments:

  1. I like the design though, and I'm not sure that old-timey quilts were exactly measured were they? Really nice!

    lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct, however once I turn them all into a quilt then the more precise each block is the easier it is for me to work with them.

    ReplyDelete