Thursday, April 28, 2011

Quilt in progress........



Here are a couple of pics of the very top of the quilt.  The camera does not pick up the fabric prints very well.  What looks like solid black are actually a black on black floral and a gray on black swish-ey print.  All of my previous quilts were very country, this one is supposed to be more contemporary and its hard for me to be a good judge on how it looks. 

At first I thought there was too much white, but when I laid it on the bed with the black stripes going horizontal I liked it better and the white did not seem so overwhelming.

I intended to make it square, 100 x 100 so they can use it either way or even as a wall hanging if they desire.

The rest of the pieces are cut and it should not take me long to finish assembling it.  The longest part will be doing the actual quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment