Thursday, May 24, 2012

Not a quilting post but......


.....a recipe post!  I am trying to eat healthier these days, not that I was eating badly, just trying to redo some favorite recipes.  I have been inspired by this blog: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/.
So I wanted to share something I made yesterday that was soooo good!

1 1/2 medium sized frozen bananas
1 very ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
1 cup milk
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 squirt agave nectar


Put all ingredients into a blend and blend till smooth.  It was so good and healthy! Also super thick as you can see by the pic, the straw stands up straight!

I have heard that avocodos are excellent for your joints and since I have quite a bit of arthritis I figured I would start eating more of them. Love them as oven fries also!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment