Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Quilt Class Block # 7...

So....true to form I mess up the easy ones and do better with the harder blocks!  This one was supposed to be easy, however I had to miss the class and only had the written instructions.  When I cut the spool ends I cut from the short side of the fabric instead of the long resulting in tiny spools with large blocks of 'thread'. 

I have learned that to be a true quilter you have to learn to rework what does not work!  I cut the thread down smaller and used the extra pieces to make a scrappy border.  Then I used the fabric that was supposed to be the barn from last month as the second border.  The final border is the same fabric I am using on all the 12 inch blocks to bring them to 15 inches. This way there will be some continuity in the final quilt.

I happen to love it, although it is a bit southwestern, but the southwest is part of America and the class is Americana so I guess its all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment