Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My Lastest 'non-quilting' Project.....


We had a few super hot days last week, then cool and lots of rain so far this week so I figured it was a good time to move a few plants around. 

The view from my living room through the sliding doors is not pretty!  I got tired of looking at weeds, dirt etc and decided to do something to improve it.

I had this pallet in the back yard and I propped it up against the house.  Then I took some of my rose bushes that were not doing well, due to shade from a neighbors tree, and moved them to the pallet rose trellis. 

It looked so nice with the bricks that I decided to make a little terraced garden.  So the second row is Red Seedum and baby Black Eyed Susans. 
The bottom row is filled with my favorite flowers - Primroses in all colors!  They have already bloomed but the leaves are still pretty.

I already had the bricks and the plants so it will only cost me 2 bags of mulch!

So that is it - kind of like quilting a crazy quilt - you never know where gardening will lead......

No comments:

Post a Comment