Thursday, October 27, 2011

My first Drunkards Path Block....

So, in my last post I mentioned taking a quilting class.  The instructor informed us that we would be making a Drunkards Path block at some point and showed us which ruler we needed.  Talk about intimidating!! I bought the ruler and decided I should practice before I really need to make on.

I made a few, not so great, but not too bad either.  After critiquing my own work I saw what little things I had to pay attention to and this morning I made 4 and put them together.  I am so excited about how they came out!!  Much easier than I had anticipated!

My conclusion....the harder it is, the more time I take and the better it comes out.  The easier it is the quicker I make it and the more mistakes I make.  So now I will look at each block as difficult and really take my time!

No comments:

Post a Comment