Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Quilting class!!!


So, I started a quilting class this past Saturday.  Its pretty cool how it works, you pay $5.00 the first class and you get a 45 minute demo and the fabric for one block.  If you bring the finished block back the next month you don't pay anything!  After 12 months of classes you get two months to make the blocks into a quilt and bring it to a party.  All quilts are displayed and names thrown into a jar, one name is picked out and they win $1000 towards a new machine from the store!

Of course, it costs more than $5.00 because I had to buy special rulers...but I figure I will get use out of them in the future.

 Maybe, just maybe, this self-taught quilter will learn the correct way of doing things.

This is the first block and I mixed up the colors!  Dark tan was supposed to go with blue and light tan with red.  Oh well, going to be lots of 'character' as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment